Senior Architectural Technologist
During a lengthy career Malcolm has worked in a variety of sectors that has included Local Authority, Private Practice Self-Employment and House Developers. A member of the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists and Full Member of the Association of Project Safety he previously studied at Fife College and then the Mackintosh School of Architecture.
Previously before joining Stuart King in 2018 Malcolm held the position of Group Design and Technical Manager for Avant Homes (Previously Bett Homes)
Malcolm has also held a variety of supporting roles during his career which more recently included: -
- Past Chair of Homes for Scotland Technical and Environmental Committee
- Member and short-term chair of NHBC Scotland Technical Committee
- Member of NHBC Task Group on MVHR standards
- Member of NHBC Task Group on render failures
- Member of HBF consultation panel on the 2015 National Optional Space Standards in England
- Previous member of the Constructive Licensing Executive Impartiality Committee on the licensing of renewable installers (MCS Scheme)
- Undertook Passive House Designer course training at BRE Watford during November 2018
- Assessor of Candidates applying for their Chartered Membership of CIAT
Malcolm has significant experience in off-site manufacture and during 2015 was involved as the Scottish Homes representative into the Scottish Government commissioned research on “Offsite Modern Methods of Construction” the objective being to understand why Housebuilders in Scotland have failed to implement this system to any significant extent.
In recent years Malcolm participated in the Leonardo Da Vinci – Lifelong Learning Programme on a Collaborative learning journey and Study into Passive House and the use of Off-site manufacture.
(Organised by Fife Council and Austrian Chamber of Commerce)
Within the business Malcolm not only acts as Energy Assessor but provides experience and support to the ongoing Architectural Projects
Out with the business Malcolm enjoys working with his dogs and competing most weekends in Agility, his claim to fame is having competed in the main arena at Crufts.